Parents may find themselves in a difficult position if their son or daughter calls them and shares about their new or potential member experience with a campus organization. Your student may be concerned about hazing or might not even identify the experience as hazing. Yet, you as the parent are uncomfortable with what you’ve been told. Your student may ask you not to say anything because s/he doesn’t want anyone to “get into trouble” or “it will only get worse for me if you inform KU.”

Your student’s safety is far more important than any campus organization. Please call the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Affairs at 785-864-4060 to report your concerns. You may report your concerns anonymously or confidentially. Please understand that we must have the name of the organization if we are to take any action. Don’t be a bystander, take an active role in eradicating hazing from KU’s campus.

KU Policies & Resources

National Resources

Report Hazing

To report a hazing incident, fill out the Hazing Report Form

Request a Presentation

To request a presentation about hazing, risk management, recruitment or other topics, fill out the Request a Presentation Form.

Hello & Happy Wednesday followers! @KUStuAffairs is tabling on Wescoe from 11-1 to help #PreventHazing ! Follow @KUStuAffairs for more!

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
Nearly $290 million in financial aid annually
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times
KU Today
Report an Incident

To report an incident, fill out the Incident Report Form.